What I Offer
We find ourselves as individuals, organizations and companies at a very unique intersection in the evolution of the LGBTQ workplace equality and inclusion movement. I believe I have been brought to this point in our collective history with a clear and specific objective: to educate . . . to inform . . . to inspire.
To this end, I always strive to deliver impactful and compelling programs for my clients by using a three-stage model that delivers relevant content through the lens of my own personal story of transition in Corporate America:
- The education of my audiences is at its foundation.
- This foundation, in turn, leads to a better level of understanding,
- It is this understanding that ultimately sows the seeds of acceptance.
At the core of every program is my personal story. It provides the backdrop of each of my programs and centers for my audiences the key concepts that are presented.
It’s this straightforward approach that lends an overarching sense of humanness to everything I do and sets me apart from other speakers because I have lived through what I speak about. This produces an energy that creates the power to change minds, and more importantly, to change hearts.
What I Do For My Clients
- Keynote Speeches
- Customized Workshop Presentations
- Small Group Facilitated Discussion Sessions
- Senior Leadership “Meet & Greets”
- Workplace Transition Planning and Communication for Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, On-site Management and the Transitioning Employee
What I Speak About
- Reflections from Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling – Finding My True Self in Corporate America
- Male privilege is a very real thing – it pervades all aspects of society, especially in the workplace, but what happens when you do not have it anymore?
- Stephanie was the first transgender person and appointive officer to come out – on the job – in the 160+-year history of New York Life – and in so doing had that happen to her
- Suddenly the glass ceiling is a very real thing. Is it because I am transgender? Or is because I am a woman in the workplace?
- The Good News is that she was accepted as a woman in the workplace, and the Bad News is she was accepted as woman in the workplace
- Stephanie’s unique and very personal experience provides a powerful trailblazing story of inspiration, self-discovery and perseverance
- Uniquely relevant in the #MeToo age
You Can’t Rest on Your D&I Laurels - Moving From “Policy to Practice”
- There are many companies that already feel they have “punched their ticket” with respect creating a workplace that is welcoming to LGBTQ+ individuals of all stripes – in particular the transgender community.
- But as Stephanie uniquely points out, this work is far from over, in fact it is ongoing.
- Stephanie takes you on a journey on how to move your enterprise’s inclusion efforts from policy creation to literally imbuing your company’s culture with the principles it needs to embody this inclusion – each and every day, with each and every employee and with each and every interaction
The (R)Evolution of the Transgender Workplace Equality Conversation
- This information – packed talk informs your audience about all the necessary information and key issues that face the transgender community – inside and outside of the workplace
- Stephanie, through her own unique brand of personal storytelling, leads your audience through each of these areas with a sincerity and passion that can only be delivered by someone who has navigated the journey of discovery to her truest self.
Partial List of Clients
- Chubb & Sons
- Comcast/NBC Universal
- Clinton Foundation
- Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- Express Scripts
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Land O’Lakes
- New York City Department of City Administrative Services
- New York Life
- NYC Heritage of Pride
- PECO – an Exelon Company
- Publicis Groupe
- Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Society for Human Resource Management – Philadelphia Chapter
Keynotes & Workshops
- The Forum on Workplace Inclusion (multiple years)
- Southern Comfort Conference (multiple years)
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) Biennnial Symposium
- Out & Equal Summit (multiple years)
- Networking & Affinity Leadership Congress
- Capitol Pride – Ottawa, Canada